Updated: May 8, 2020
Say hello to my current go-to salad! Detox is still a part of my life right now. Goodbye Dairy, Eggs, Gluten, Soy & Corn. This is my take on a Chinese style salad. & to be honest, I probably won’t go back to making it any other way because this one is too good.
INGREDIENTS 1/4 cup red cabbage 1/2 cup cabbage 1 carrot, shredded 2 cups mixed greens Handful cashews, roughly chopped Small handfuls of dried cranberries 1/2 apple, diced 1/4 cucumber, diced Dressing to taste ⠀⠀ Sesame Ginger Dressing 3 T coconut aminos 3 T rice vinegar 1 T toasted sesame oil 2 T grapeseed oil 1 teaspoon maple syrup 1.5 teaspoon fresh grated ginger 1 clove garlic, minced 1 tsp sesame seeds, optional
1. Combine all dressing ingredients in a mason jar and shake.
2. Place all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss to combine.
3. Coat in dressing.
- You will not need all the dressing. Store in refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you don't like big chunks of apple, feel free to shred it with the carrots.
- Slice and dice everything and store it in the fridge in separate containers. Makes a quick & easy lunch,
dinner or side dish when all you have to do is pull the prepped ingredients out of the fridge and toss
them in a bowl.
- I love baking a sweet potato and tossing it on top too! Or a regular potato. Or some squash. - I recommend letting the ingredients soak up the dressing for a couple minutes before inhaling. Get
them nice and coated, baby!
- Pro-tip : Make this up in the morning before you head to work. Add a small amount of dressing to soak
in throughout the day and add more (if needed) when you dig in at lunch time.