- the easiest meals to make.
- faster than "fast food.
- only require one dirty dish.
- easy on digestion
- packed with so many nutrients
If you aren't on the smoothie train, get on it.
It is so easy to pre-prep your smoothie ingredients by adding them to a reusable ziplock (HERE are my favorite ones) and then tossing it all in a blender in the morning with a little water.
Starting your day off conveniently and chuck full of healthy ingredients is a fool-proof way to have a successful day. Get at it!
1 banana, frozen
1/4 cup frozen mango chunks
1/3 cup frozen strawberries
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1 teaspoon maca powder
2 medjool dates, pitted
2 cups spinach
2 cups water
1. Place all ingredients into a high speed blender and blend until combined.
2. Pour into class jar and enjoy!
- I freeze my bananas, peeled and halved. That way I have options.
- I love to use fresh spinach but frozen is good too. If my spinach goes past the expiration date or starts
smelling funky I always toss it in a ziplock in the fridge for smoothie use. No waste, friends.
- I like using frozen fruit because it makes the smoothie cold. If you want to add ice too , go for it.
- Maca powder is great for hormone regulation.
- Smoothies are a great road food for me. I usually take about 3-4 hours to feel hungry after I wake up. If
I'm going to be on the road I will make one before I leave the house in the morning and toss it in a
cooler to drink when I get hungry.