Updated: Feb 18, 2019
What a whirlwind month.
An incredible whirlwind month.
I can’t quite believe its over.
But, then again the other part of me is screaming “FINALLY”!!
“Kirsten!? Where the heck have you been? Why haven’t we heard from you?!”
Well…to put it simply, I was living in the moment and doing my best to suck everything I could out of every interaction I made.
I can not apologize for things I may feel guilt over anymore. So instead of apologizing for being absent…
I trying again.
20 days later...
Hey! I’m back!
It’s time to get busy spreading all of this new information spilling out of my body.
I’ll start here.
This was the hardest thing i’ve ever done, ever.
But it was the most rewarding thing i’ve ever done.
In the program we talk about getting to a “new life” not going back to our old life.
Illness changes you and those around you. Illness is here to stay. We have to learn to work around it the best we can and find our new “normal”.
That is the number one goal of the program at Mayo; let’s get you back to a life that you enjoy living. They do incredible work.
I think i’m going to leave it at that for now. Keep it short and sweet.
But if it’s absolutely driving you crazy what’s been going on and what I learned, here are some topics coming to the blog soon.
1. It’s okay to take care of yourself first.
2. Different types of pain take different pathways in your body which is what makes pain so hard to treat.
3. Moderation is the key to life.
4. 1/3 of the US population deals with chronic pain. 1/3!! Why do we not talk about this?
5. I spent 8 hours in the ER at the beginning of this week for a meningitis scare.
6. I walked a mile in the heat and humidity with my only symptom being a Mast Cell Reaction and lots of swelling. This is huge!
7. I made so many incredible connections. Friends for life. It felt so good being around those who understand my actions and never having to explain why.
Remember, "Count your Rainbows, not your Thunderstorms!"