OOOEY GOOEY VEGAN BROWNIES
OH BOY, do I have a treat for you!!
Okay, do not shy away just because these are vegan.
I promise they do not compromise on taste.
Just look at them! 🤤
I won't lie, these are a bit of a labor of love.
But they are so worth it.
& once you do it once, the baking intimidation wares off and you'll be making them consistently.
No more boxed fudgey brownies filled with questionable ingredients.
These are something you can feel a bit better about.
I'm not calling them "healthy".
But what is "healthy" anyway.
These are what I consider a treat.
Look at that perfect glossy, crinkly, fudgey top.
You are welcome!
Also, I have fooled many humans with these guys.
Nobody ever knows they are vegan.
Printable PDF file below. 👇🏼
1 1/2 C all purpose four
6 T Cocoa
8 T aquafaba (liquid from a can of chickpeas).
3/4 C organic cane sugar or pure cane sugar
1/2 C maple syrup
1/2 tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla bean paste
1/2 C (8 T) Miyokos Creamery vegan butter cubed
6 oz Chocolove 55% chocolate (~2 bars)
1. Line a 9x9 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure there is some overhang on two sides so you can pull the brownies out easily.
2. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
3. To a medium bowl, sift flour and cocoa together. Set aside.
4. Add aquafaba and sugar to a large mixing bowl or your kitchenmaid mixer. Mix until thickened and glossy. About 3 minutes.
5. Fold in the maple syrup, vanilla bean paste and salt with a silicon spatula.
6. Assemble a double broiler. Fill the saucepan with a few inches of water (ensure it isn't touching the bottom of the bowl). Heat the water to a rapid simmer.
7. Add the butter and chocolate to the bowl. Allow the mixture to melt until smooth. Once smooth, stir constantly for an additional 30 seconds to warm it through.
8. Pour the mixture over the wet ingredients and fold together with a silicon spatula.
9. Add the flour and cocoa mixture to the wet ingredients and stir/fold in until just combined.
10. Pour the batter into the lined baking pan and smooth surface with a spatula.
11. Bake for ~ 25-35 minutes.
12. Let cool and enjoy!
NOTES - Feel free to substitute a different butter (even dairy butter). I just prefer the miyokos one because the ingredient list is 👌🏼.
- Don't skip sifting the four and cocoa. Cocoa tends to clump.
- If you would like to add chocolate chips, do so. I don't dig biting into chips. But if you do, add ~ 3 ounces.
- I recommend lifting the brownies out of the pan after 10 minutes of cooling onto a wire rack to cool for an additional 30 minutes. But, like. That may be impossible! 😋
- I usually only need about 25 minutes in my oven, but I also like really fudgey (undercooked-ish) brownies. You do you. Obviously if you use a different size pan, you will need to adjust the cook time too.