SPICY ROASTED CHICKPEAS
Updated: Jul 1, 2020
The easiest crunchy snack that is always good.
Also, can be done with so many different spice combinations.
Great in a tortilla to make a taco.
Great on top of a salad.
Or just enjoy them as a snack.
Can't go wrong.
1 can chickpeas (drained, rinsed and patted dry)
1 T olive oil
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Drain, rinse and pat dry your chickpeas and add them to a bowl. (if you made yours from bulk, use 1.5
3. Toss with olive oil and transfer to a baking tray and bake for 25 minutes.
4. While the chickpeas are roasting, combine all the spices.
5. Pour chickpeas back into bowl with all the spices and coat evenly.
6. Place back on baking tray and bake for an additional 15 minutes until golden brown.
- I don't like to add the spices right away because they tend to burn in the oven.
- Choose whatever spices you like. Combinations are endless.