Ready for the greatest taco seasoning?
It takes less time than going to the store and buying a packet, you probably have all the ingredients in your spice cabinet, it isn't full of questionable ingredients and it's delicious.
Making taco seasoning at home is the only way to do it guys.
All of these spices can be adjusted to your flavor preference too.
But, here is mine.
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine all ingredients in a ball jar, put a lid on it and shake to mix. Enjoy!
- If you are going for more of a fajita story, omit the black pepper and oregano.
- I only use 1/4 teaspoon pepper simply because it isn't my favorite flavor. Do it up!
- Want a kick? Add 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- This will be enough for 2# ground beef, but if you like things really flavorful double the batch or use 1#.
- I make a large batch of this at a time and store it in an old spice jar. Then it is always on hand when I